Tuesday, 26 July 2011

change of plan

I deleted the posts of the back and fronts finished because I have changed my mind about doing it in raglan as when I was sewing it up today the raglan seams kept looking a mess and believe me I tried umpteen different seams but nothing looked nice so I pulled it out and changed the shoulder style to drop shoulder and made a new knitware pattern an I shall make a start on that tomorrow it just wasn't working out, the way the floats were forming right up to the edge and were quite thick so was hard to sew up plus I didn't like the way the colours looked when I was doing the decreases so today I did try to rip it back just up to the arm wholes and re knit those decrease stitches plain but I still didn't like the way it looked.
Anyway that's the reason I am going to re knit it so expect a new progress picture in the next couple of days and we'll see how this one turns out.

Talk to you later
Alex

2 comments:

  1. Not sure what machine you have - but if you pull the two needles nearest the carriage to UWP on every row, they will always knit in one colour, which will make the sewing up easier. I always use mattress stitch (done from right side) and fully fashioned decreases (using 3 prong tool) on raglans - gives you a better edge to sew up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I did try pulling 3 needles to uwp but I personally still didn't like the look of it on this particular jumper I was using the mattress stitch (on the right side) but I kept grabbing the floats accidentally.
    Oh and the machine I was using was the knitmaster 155 but thanks for you help anyway.

    ReplyDelete