My Nephew's twin cousins are expected to be born in late November/December so I have decided to make them matching baby jackets, I found the pattern for these in one of my machine knitting monthly magazines, the pattern is written for the lk 150 but will work with all mid gauge machines, when I looked at the sizes the smallest size was newborn and that would of been to big so all I did was knit the newborn size on the standard gauge machine, still using the double knit yarn as the pattern suggested. I didn't knit a gauge swatch because I had no hesitation that it would of come out wrong, I don't know why I felt this way I just did lol.
This is what the jacket is supposed to look like, if you are wondering what the pattern is, it is a 2x2 rib style design accept it is garter stitch mixed with stocking stitch, oh it is hard to explain so I hope you get what I mean.This is what mine looks like (bellow) and I am pleased with it, it is a perfect size, I think I will need to steam those font edges because as you can see it wants to keep flipping underneath it's self. I now have to knit the next one which I have started and have knitted up to the armholes, this pattern is very tedious as you have to reform two stitches one row down then skip two stitches all across the row, using the latch tool every two rows. It is extremely time consuming but to be honest I think it is worth the effort in the end, it must of taken me about four days to complete this jacket, where as if it was just plain it could have taken me just a day.
If you are wondering what the £10 note underneath it is for, it is to give you an idea of how small this jacket really is, WOW........ (It's really hard to knit something for someone who isn't even here yet!! lol)
Talk to you later